What Can Guinea Pigs Eat?
Roughage, grass and little segments of vegetables are the best sustenance for your Guinea pig. You ought to likewise guarantee her eating regimen incorporates a lot of nutrient C. Peruse our rundown of what veg and the organic product you can nourish, just as what you can’t.
What Sort Of Roughage Is Best For Guinea Pigs?
Horse feed roughage is best for your Guinea pig as a child (or puppy). It’s useful for your developing Guinea pig in light of the fact that it contains more calcium. In any case, as your Guinea pig develops you should change to a feed with the lower calcium content. A lot of calcium can prompt issues like bladder stones.
Timothy feed is best for your Guinea pig as a grown-up. It has a lower calcium content and is higher in fiber, so it’s the best decision.
Feed and grass should shape most of your piggy’s eating regimen. Truth be told she can eat boundless measures of them to help control the development of her teeth and keep her gut solid.
Without loads of feed and grass, your Guinea pig could create genuine dental illness and stomach related problems.
What Else Is Best For Guinea Pigs To Eat?
Pelleted nourishments can likewise shape some portion of your Guinea pig’s eating routine. You ought to guarantee that they’re high in fibre and contain secured nutrient C.
You ought to likewise give vegetables, and once in a while, some natural product as these can be high in nutrient C and different supplements. Nutrient C is a fundamental piece of your Guinea pig’s eating regimen.
What Vegetables Can Guinea Pigs Eat?
Guinea pigs can eat a scope of vegetables. The accompanying vegetables are ok for your Guinea pig:
- Asparagus: This contains some oxalate and phosphorous. It likewise contains nutrient C. You can nourish asparagus to your Guinea pig once in a while.
- Broccoli: This contains nutrient C, anyway it likewise contains high measures of nutrient A so ought to be nourished once in a while.
- Cabbage: This contains high measures of nutrient C. In any case, don’t over feed it to your Guinea pig as it can cause gas and swelling.
- Carrots: These are adored by Guinea pigs, in any case, they contain sugar, which can prompt tooth issues and diabetes. They additionally contain oxalate which can prompt oxalate stones. They additionally contain high measures of nutrient A. Carrots can be encouraged every so often.
- Cauliflower: This can be encouraged to your Guinea pig every so often. It contains nutrient C, anyway it can likewise give your Guinea pig gas.
- Courgette: This contains a ton of nutrient C, and can be sustained to your Guinea pig with some restraint.
- Corn on the cob: This contains nutrient C, anyway it’s high in starch so don’t encourage over and over again.
- Corn husks: These contain nutrient C and they additionally have a high fiber content.
- Cucumber: Guinea pigs can eat both the substance, seeds (not all that much) and the skin.
- Green beans: These contain nutrient C, and can be sustained in a crude state. Be that as it may, be careful as they additionally contain calcium and phosphorus.
- Lettuce: Other than Iceberg, which has no wholesome substance, lettuce is a heavenly plate of mixed greens vegetable for your Guinea pig
- Mushrooms: There is almost no healthful substance in mushrooms and ought to be nourished to your Guinea pig once in a while.
- Peas: As with most vegetables, these contain Phosphorus and Calcium. Be that as it may, it does likewise contain nutrient C. You can bolster in peas to your Guinea pig with some restraint.
- Parsley: This can make a decent nibble for your Guinea pig
- Parsnip: It can be encouraged as often as possible and is a flavorful vegetable for your Guinea pig
- Radishes: These ought to be nourished once in a while. Despite the fact that radishes contain nutrient C, they likewise contain oxalic corrosive so you should bolster these to your Guinea pig sparingly.
- Raw beetroot: It can be nourished sometimes to your Guinea pig. It contains no oxalates, yet contains a little measure of calcium and phosphorus.
- Sprouts: These contain phosphorus and oxalate corrosive. They may likewise may cause gas
- Spinach: Your Guinea pig can eat this at times, anyway know that it can cause stones whenever blended with calcium. This is because of the high oxalate levels.
- Squash: This can be bolstered to your Guinea pig with some restraint.
- Sweet potato: This isn’t generally excellent for your Guinea pig as it’s high in oxalates and starch
- Tomatoes: Can be bolstered much of the time. Anyway, the green stalk is noxious so don’t permit your piggy to eat this.
- Turnip greens: These have low phosphorus and high calcium proportion. They likewise have a sensible measure of nutrient C. They can be bolstered every so often to your Guinea pig…
- Watercress can be nourished at times. It’s useful for your Guinea pig and contains high measures of nutrient C.
- Red cabbage contains high measures of nutrient C and a trace of calcium. You can nourish it as often as possible.
- Red peppers: These contain high measures of nutrient C and can be nourished as often as possible.
- Turnip greens contain nutrient C, they additionally contain calcium and a trace of phosphorus. You can sustain your Guinea pig these sporadically.
- You ought to know that various vegetables contain various dimensions of nutrient C, phosphorous, oxalates and sugar.
- What organic product can Guinea pigs eat?
- Guinea pigs can eat a scope of natural product in constrained amounts. Peruse our rundown to discover what organic product your piggy can eat:
- Bananas: These ought to be encouraged once in a while as they are high in sugar and can cause clogging.
- Blueberries: These can be bolstered regularly and they’re a decent wellspring of nutrient C.
- Oranges: These ought to be bolstered once in a while as citrus can cause a sore mouth.
- Pears: These ought to be sustained sporadically, and they give a decent wellspring of nutrient C.
- Pineapple: This ought to be encouraged at times as it’s acidic and can cause mouth injuries.
- Plums can be sustained infrequently, anyway they’re high in sugar.
- Strawberries can likewise be nourished once in a while including the green tops.
Natural product ought to be sustained incidentally as it contains a ton of sugar which can be awful for your Guinea pig’s teeth and figure!